Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you know there are lot of control panels lying around like Cpanel,
> Lxadmin, most of them based on PHP. The control panels allow editing of
> system files which requires root privileges, can somebody tell me how to
> gain root privileges inside the script so that it can be useful if I
> want to give my users a DNS editing interface instead of loading a big
> bloated control panel.

We use an interface that writes everything to a DB. Then, every 5 minutes, a
cron job comes around and dumps the db and builds the zone files for us.

Might try something similar.  It would be a lot safer then giving root access
via PHP... :)

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare