I've created a php file (getcalentries.php) that creates an xml output and have
a second page (plots_test.php) that reads in the xml file and displays some
plots. They've both in the same webdav folder so I have to enter authentication
information to load the plotting page, but my simplexml_load_file command is
failing to load:

Warning:
simplexml_load_file(https://www.mydomain.com/secure/getcalentries.php?id=0&start=2010-05-17&end=2010-05-31)
 [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!
HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required in /path/secure/plots_test.php on line 24

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning :
failed to load external entity
"https://www.mydomain.com/secure/getcalentries.php?id=0&start=2010-05-17&end=2010-05-31";
 in /path/secure/plots_test.php on line 24
Feed not loading

The xml file works fine because I can move it to the parent directory just
above the secure folder and it will work fine. My question is how do I need to
load the file so that the authentication information can get passed? I'd really
prefer to keep the xml file behind the webdav folder authentication.

Thanks in advance!

Michael