I have a password-protected, user, on-line editor that I'm hardening against hackers just in case a user's pw is stolen or local PC is infected.

Just to be extra safe, I've added a function that parses for executables in the raw, entered text. If found, I post and nasty error message and ignore the entry altogether.

Here are my regex patterns. I tried finding a complete list of browser executables; but was unsuccessful, probably because I didn't use the right key words.

Anyone have suggestions for additional patterns?

$securityPatternsArray=array(
"\<script\x20",
"\<embed\x20",
"\<object\x20",
'language="javascript"',
'type="text/javascript"',
'language="vbscript\"',
'type="text/vbscript"',
'language="vbscript"',
'type="text/tcl"',
"error_reporting\(0\)",//Most hacks I've seen make certain they turn of error reporting
"\<?php",//Here for the heck of it.
);