On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:21:02 -0400
Rick Dwyer <rpdw...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello List.
>
> I am completely at a loss for why the line of code below returns the
> desired value:
>
> $PATH_INFO= substr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],strlen($_SERVER['SCRI
> PT_NAME']), strlen($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']));
>
> BUT, putting the same line of code on 1 line fails to return anything:
>
> $PATH_INFO=
> substr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'],strlen($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']),
> strlen($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']));
>

>   --Rick

It looks like since you broke your key in the first line, the value returned is
0, since the key 'SRI PT_NAME' does not exist.
When you fixed this, SCRIPT_NAME was the same length as REQUEST_URI so nothing
was returned.

look at the documentation on substr, you need to fix you parameters.
--
Simcha Younger <sim...@syounger.com>