From: Peter Lind

> On 25 June 2010 19:58, Bob McConnell <r...@cbord.com> wrote:
>> From: Daevid Vincent
>>
>>> Why do this "in_array()" business??
>>>
>>> Just do this...
>>>
>>> if (self::$aboveArray[$name])
>>> {
>>>    //something interesting here
>>> }
>>
>> Does that gibberish actually do something? It doesn't make any sense to
>> me, while in_array() actually looks like what it does.
>>

> Gibberish?? Probably a good time to go look up some php tutorials.

No thanks. I tried to figure out that double colon nonsense over a decade ago
as part of an OOP development team. I still don't understand most of the code
written during those two years, even though I still maintain parts of it. All I
see is a lot of unnecessary overhead with no significant return on the
investment. I'll stick with the tried and true procedural notation, at least
until I retire next year.

Bob McConnell