On 19 July 2010 05:44, Peter <pet...@egrabber.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a  table which contain's some duplicate rows. I just want to delete
> the duplicate records alone
> not original records.
>
> Assume my table as look as below
>
> column1 column2
> 1
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 3
>

> i want the above table need  to be as below, After executing the mysql
> query.
>
> column1
>        column2
> 1
> 2
> 3
>

> Thanks in advance..
>
> Regards
> Peter

If your table had a db generated sequential unique identifier (an
identity / autoinc), then something along these lines may be what you
are looking for ...

-- Delete everything except the UniqueIDs we want to keep.
DELETE FROM
        Table
WHERE
        UniqueID NOT IN
                (
                -- Just get the UniqueIDs we want to keep.
                SELECT
                        UniqueID
                FROM
                        (
                        -- Get the earlist UniqueID for each Col1, Col2,
pairing.
                        SELECT
                                Col1,
                                Col2,