Hi,

I have a client who wishes to publish some catalogues to CD Rom.  Of
course they can't be placed onto a CD using PHP code (because it would
require the CD user to have PHP installed!!), but PHP/MySQL is
definately the best way to build the content, since the same data is
being used for online content as well.

So I guess my question is, what;s the best way to creat a static site
from dynamic content.  If it was a small site, i'd just access every
page, view the source, copy it, and save to file, but the catalogues may
get up over 1000 pages!!

It also occurs to me that this would be helpfull in building dynamic
sites monthly, but publishing a static site to the web, which would have
better luck with search engines, and maybe even with server load / caching.

I could make a script which builds / wrote HTML files to disc, no
problem, but if the pages already exist dynamically, I thought there
might be a way to write the HTML source (same as sent to the browser) to
a HTML file....

Thanks

Justin French