Can you paste the index page's code here?  If the page is going blank
there's probably an error (syntax, bad file path, etc).  If you have access
you can turn error reporting on so you can actually see the error - or
better yet check the php error log file.  Settings for both of these are in
the php.ini file, though sometimes they can be overridden by apache
directives (depending on the setup).

http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

Chris.