On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:07, Floyd Resler <fres...@adex-intl.com> wrote:
> They're 2d barcodes.  I did a Google search and really couldn't find
> anything.  After talking with my boss, though, we decided that this project
> would probably take too much time and be frustrating for the users.  We're
> trying to decode barcodes from pictures taken with cell phones.  In testing
> the images are blurry and probably wouldn't be able to be read. However, if
> you happen to know of PHP class that could decode 2d barcodes, I'd still be
> interested in checking it out just in case my boss wants to revisit it.

    It's likely that the only way you could do something like that
would be to screen-read the image you receive, because - even if you
generated the barcode yourself - there are a variety of different
formats and compression algorithms.  Coming from a cell phone, an
image of an image, would be even more difficult.

    That said, there are a variety of free barcode scanners, and most
now handle 2D barcodes (including QR codes), which then translate the
data into a plain string of data, which could then quite easily be
read and managed by PHP, of course.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting