PHP
> applications, it is important, but the net result is minimal in comparison
> leveraging HTTP caching and static publishing of components or entire
> documents.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Nathan
> >
> > --
> >

> I would definitely agree with Nathan here. In our classic asp (don't ask)
the
> vp of our company designed a survey app ( poorly I might add ) that
> dynamically generated the form and all of it's associated drop downs
> including the locations ( some 2000 of them ). The client was requiring
1000
> user concurrency and the app as it was only handled 10 users. I re-
> architected the app to cache out the form since it was identical for each
> user, and we easily hit the required benchmark.

You're just proving the points I made.  The app was poorly designed because
he/she didn't truly understand my point #2: understand the objective +
possible growth/expansion.  Also, mostly like that he/she didn't fully
understand point #1: understand the problem (needs of the business,
programming language in use, etc).  Failing both points 1 & 2 will make
point 3 even far worse.  Hence you had to 're-architect'.

Regards,
Tommy

> Form caching is one of the most important omptimizations that can be made
> ( especially in our app where a major ( and I am not allowed to fix it )
design