I believe it was in the Old PHPestament,
"The Book of Rasmus" chapter 42 verse 69...

66  ...
67  And behold as he opened the 5th point 2nd seal
68  and the Lord said unto him,
69  "Thou shalt not use frameworks,
70  for they art cumbersome
71  and a bastardization of mine own language"
72  ...

It goes on to talk about using "<?=" instead of "<?php echo"
And how you should always put the closing "?>" on the page bottom,
But I digress...

ROFL! :D