On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Sharat Hegde wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a requirement to add elements to an associate array dynamically based
> on some conditions. I initialize the array with the 1st associate array
> element
>       $MyArray = array('DATETIME' => $DateTime);
>
> How do I add more elements to this associate array. I am using PHP 3 and
> array_merge and other functions for arrays are not supported in PHP3. I am
> trying the following:
>       $MyArray[] = array("BUYVAL" => "1.23");
> but if I try and get the value of $MyArray[BUYVAL], I get nothing.

What you have done here is that you have added an array to your array, but
you wished to have the value added to your array. The $MyArray[] pushes a
new value to the array, in this case another array. You want
$MyArray['BUYVAL'] = 1.23.

More info on arrays from the php docs:
http://php.net/manual/en/language.types.array.php

--
 patrik wallstrom     |      f o o d f i g h t
 tel: +46-8-6188428   |      s t o c k h o l m