At 01:32 AM 3/28/2011, Hans Åhlin wrote:
Do you have SELinux installed?

2011/3/28 Ethan Rosenberg <eth...@earthlink.net>:
> Dear List -
>
> Thanks for all your help in the past. Â Here is another one...
>
> I am getting a Permission Denied" message when I try to run a PHP script. Â I
> just changed the mode on the directory and the files to 777. Â This problem
> arose when I changed the permissions. Â I thought I was solving a problem,
> because I could not open a file for writing. Â I was not receiving error
> messages, but no file was created.
>
> Help and advice, please.
>
> Ethan Rosenberg

 Hans Åhlin
   Tel: +46761488019
   icq: 275232967
   http://www.kronan-net.com/
   irc://irc.freenode.net:6667 - TheCoin

Hans -

Sorry, I did not include my signature, which includes all the requested information.

Here it is....

Ethan
MySQL 5.1  PHP 5.3.3-6  Linux [Debian (sid)]

The problem persists.  I cannot write to a file from PHP.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks.