On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 09:18:39PM -0400, Jack wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> Is there a smarter way to do includes by setting up a path or something
> where I don't have to include /home/domain.com/includes/include_file.php
>
> Apparently my path is as shown above,  but I would prefer to just put in
> /includes/include_file.php

As a first action, in whatever file you first include or call, do the
following:

$site_path = realpath(dirname(__FILE__)) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;
define ('SITE_PATH', $site_path);

Next, create a function like:

function include_path($filename)
{
        $str = SITE_PATH . 'include' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . $filename;
        return $str;
}

Now, when you want to include a file, do

include(include_path('something.php'));

In my projects, I have a variety of directories, like libraries, views,
models, etc. So the function I use has a second parameter:

include(fullpath('model', 'pizza.php'));
include(fullpath('include', 'gesundheit.php'));

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster
http://noferblatz.com