On 04/30/2011 07:06 PM, David Mehler wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use php to put a copyright notice in a page footer. I'm
using the date function with the "Y" value for the year. Here's the
code:

<?php
echo date ('Y');
?>

This works great for a site done in 2011 but next year I'm going to
want to have 2011 and 2012 in the copyright notice, adding an
additional year the site's up. I'd appreciate some suggestions i'm
very likely overthinking this.

Thanks.
Dave.
From the view of copyright itself, the year in the notice means 'last modified date', NOT the current year. So I think you may set a timestamp field in your database, with last update time in it, and use the year (not current year), for your notice.