On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Brian Dunning wrote:

Thanks everyone. It seems to be working correctly. You gave me some extra peace of mind. I did set the date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles') but it looks like that was in the defaults anyway. :-)

It probably is if this is where your site is hosted. But all you need to do is change hosting providers to one somewhere else, or for someone who's not careful to mess something up on the system, and the script will break all because you assumed it would always be right. So better to set it and know it's right.

Geoff.