Hello All,
Happy pre independence for my American PHPers. And good health to all others.
Have a quick question..

I have this code I use for the end of line characters used in my mailers.

[Code]
// Is the OS Windows or Mac or Linux
if (strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,5)=='WIN')) {
        $eol="\r\n";
} else if (strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS,0,5)=='MAC')) {
        $eol="\r";
} else {
        $eol="\n";
}
[End Code]

Does this suffice or should I be using the php supplied end of line?

$eol=PHP_EOL;

Or do these do the same thing?
What advantages over the code I use does the PHP_EOL have?
Or does it not matter with these and either are good to go?

It seems to me that they do the same thing.. am I on the right track or missing something? Is there any other OS's that are not WIN or MAC and use the "\r" or "\r\n" ?
If their are, then I can see an advantage of using the PHP_EOL.

Like I said, just a quick question. ;)

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com