On Tue 04 Oct 2011 09:05:30 PM IST, Kanishka wrote:
> hi everybody,
> is any method available for detect file upload time in a php script ?
> or detect network connections upload speed.
> i'm using php 5.3.5(xampp 1.7.4) and my os is windows 7.
> thank you
> regards
> kanishka

It's not possible with just php, you need javascript (ajax).
The reason is, when a php script is executed, the data from GET, POST
is already made available by the server.
You need to send the system time with the file when the upload button
was clicked and then compute the difference after you've saved the file
on the server. Or, the php script echoes something out.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
http://nileshgr.com