On Nov 14, 2011, at 12:51 PM, George Langley wrote:

>       Am concerned over the number of posts that appear to be from people
> trying to over-inflate their self-importance.
>       If you are the world's best coder, then help those of us who aren't. If
> you happen to know a better way to do something that I'm struggling with,
> then please share it. But if you just want to take pot shots at us, then
> please keep your comments to yourself.
>
>       To that end, I wish to thank Ashley Sheridan, Daniel P. Brown, Tedd
> Sperling and Tommy Pham, to name but just a few of those who have submitted
> incredibly-helpful posts, that I have kept for reference. Your contributions
> are very much appreciated - thanks.
>
> George Langley
> Interactive Developer

George:

Over-inflated self importance? That certainly sounds like me. :-)

On a serious note, don't be too hash on those who contribute -- keep in mind
that in contributing we all learn -- this often includes the contributor as
well. Nothing like being proven wrong to humble oneself.

For example, I teach this stuff and several times over the course of a semester
I have had students ask questions and then question my answers. Then after
investigation to find my answer wrong -- now that's humbling, but that's part
of the leaning process.

So, my recommendation is to take and give what you can and leave judgement of
the posters to the general audience -- the truth will win out.

Cheers,

tedd

PS: I know it's not Friday, but this question came up in class yesterday and I
thought maybe all of you might like to guess why null is Wednesday?