Can anyone reccomend a good PHP (or perl) Web-based
email auto-reply thingy.

I work at a company that hosts websites and provides
POP email accounts, and i'd like to allow our clients
to come to our website, log into a "clients" section
and have more control over their service...

I'd like to allow them to specify email accounts as
"away" and provide a little "i'm on vacation" type
message, and a date range associated with that message.

anyone know of any *free* or cheap it's a SOSB
(small office, small budget) software that will
allow users to create an auto-away message?

If i dont find a nice one, i'll probably end up writing
my own... but i'd prefer to save myself the work of
reinventing the wheel if i could possibly find a good
free one and work on hacking the code for my own needs.