Hello all.

I am using the following function to encrypt a string:

define('SALT', 'myvalueforsalthere');

function encrypt($text)
{
return trim(base64_encode(mcrypt_encrypt(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, SALT, $text, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB, mcrypt_create_iv(mcrypt_get_iv_size(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, MCRYPT_MODE_ECB), MCRYPT_RAND))));
}

and then:

$myval="hello";
$mayval= encrypt($myval);

echo decrypt($myval);

returns "hello".... great.

But when my input string is more complicated I get unprintable characters out of the decyrpt side:

$myval="var1=1&var2=2&var3=3";

The above when decrypted will spit out a string of unprintable characters.
Is encrypt/decrypt choking on the "=" sign?  I tried:

$myval=htmlentities($myval);

But it did not work.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

--Rick