On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:52 AM, Stuart Dallas wrote:

> Change your php.ini settings to log to a file and set display_errors to off.

        Sometimes when you ask a stupid question you end up getting a brilliant
answer.  I had no idea about any of this until I received your response, which
got me digging.  I found out that I could create a custom php.ini file for my
site, and within hours of doing this, I had errors logged that I didn't even
know I had and was able to fix them.  I've since created a cron triggered
script which e-mails me any errors on my site.

        So thanks, Stuart, for posting your response.  So far it's caught a
coding mistake (by me) and a "no product found in MySQL" error (because of a
discontinued item).  I don't mean to sound dramatic, but this changes
everything for me.  It's great to know that I'll be notified of any little (or
big!) problem without having to manually hunt it down.

Thanks again,
Marc