Hello list,

 I am quite sure that you've heard this question at least a few times
before. :) But I have been dabbling a bit in PHP for years and I've
decided that its' high time that became serious about getting a solid
grounding in it. Currently I work as a Sysadmin and have modest but
reliable skills in bash and perl. But I consider PHP more of an
artform and I really need to 'pick up a brush and start painting' so
to speak.

 So what I was wondering what websites, and books you'd recommend to
someone who (for all intents and purpose) is just starting out.

 On my hit list of things to learn are basic php / database
interaction (mysql mainly).. then how to accelerate php interraction
through memcache.. and eventually one I have all that down onto using
some of the NoSQLs (mongo/cassandra/membase, etc).

Thanks!

--
GPG me!!