Hello,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:39:00 +0100
Stuart Dallas <stu...@3ft9.com> wrote:

> The script has syntax errors in it. You won't see those errors because PHP
> won't run a script with syntax errors, so it won't modify the error_reporting
> and display_errors settings.
>
> You can run php -l script.php to see those errors, but it would be better to
> set the error_reporting and display_errors values in php.ini on your
> development system/server.

gentoo-desk siefke # php -l test.php *
No syntax errors detected in test.php

gentoo-desk blog # php -l manage.php
No syntax errors detected in manage.php

gentoo-desk php # php -l db.php
No syntax errors detected in db.php

* I have written in this file only the php code. No syntax errors.

gentoo-desk blog # php -v
PHP 5.3.10-pl0-gentoo with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Apr  5 2012 00:31:12)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

Regards
Silvio