On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Ron Piggott
<ron.pigg...@actsministries.org> wrote:
> I need to access a FUNCTION I programmed within a different FUNCTION.  Are
> these able to be passed like a variable?  Or are they able to become like a
> $_SESSION variable in nature?  How am I able to do this?
>
> I am essentially programming:
>
> ===
> function name( $flag1, $flag2 ) {
>
> # some PHP
>
> echo name_of_a_different_function( $flag1 , $flag2 );
>
> }
> ===
>
> The error I am receiving is “Call to undefined function
> name_of_a_different_function”

Where is name_of_a_different_function defined? If it is somewhere in
the same file as name, that shouldn't be a problem, provided it is
defined in the same namespace/scope as name. If it is defined in a
different file, you need to include that file before you make the echo
statement.

For example:

function func1 ($flag1, $flag2) {

   # blah blah

   echo func2($flag1, $flag2);
}

function func2 ($flag1, $flag2) {

   #blah blah

   return "some string value";
}

in the same file should be just fine. It doesn't really matter what
order func1 and func2 are declared in.

However, if func2 is defined in some_other_file.php, you need to
include it in this_file.php (where func1 is defined) first:

this_file.php:
include('some_other_file.php');

function func1 ($flag1, $flag2) {

   #blah blah

   echo func2 ($flag1, $flag2);
}

some_other_file.php:
function func2 ($flag1, $flag2) {

   #blah blah

   return "some string value";
}

If func2 is a method for an object/class, you'll have to access it
that way in func1:

this_file.php:
include('MyClass.php');
function func1 ($flag1, $flag2) {