I'm busy trying to work out why I should be using 'Reflections' ...

I'm seeing elements of this appearing in the PEAR code I'm trying to clean up to be strict safe, where some packages have been cleaned up, but the core code lags behind.

On my own framework, I identify the type of page that needs to be generated, and then load the relevant code to provide the classes needed to create that page. Then run an instance of the relevant class(s) to generate the html of the page. Smarty templates provide the configurable elements of the layout, linked to .css for the particular theme. SO I simply can't see at the moment why I would need 'ReflectionClass($classname)' when I'm going to use the class anyway?
If a function does not exist then I've messed up somewhere already?

Of cause something to solve the 'white page' after making just a minor change in the code would help ... but we've lived that for years already. :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL