Hello,

I'm using phplib to add functionality to my bibliography app.  However I'm not
sure how to deal with selected data from different tables with the same field name.

The example I provided in the signature was:
        $this->db->Record["WLPcountry.name"]

Which needs to be differentiated from:
        $this->db->Record["WLPpublisher.name"]

Ive added the table name (WLPpublisher & WLPcountry) as a prefix assuming that
this will carry over.  Seems to wrok in some instances but not others.

Any suggestions would be useful...

The table is as follows:

SELECT
        WLPbib.bibID,
        WLPbib.title,
        WLPbib.publicationDate,
        WLPbib.URL,
        WLPpublisher.name,
        WLPaddress.city,
        WLPaddress.state,
        WLPaddress.countryID,
        WLPcountry.name,
        WLPprofile.firstName,
        WLPprofile.middleName,
        WLPprofile.lastName,
        WLPprofile.organization
FROM
        WLPbib
        LEFT JOIN WLPpublisher USING(publisherID),
        WLPaddress
        LEFT JOIN WLPcountry USING(countryID),
        WLPprofile
        LEFT JOIN WLPbib2profile USING(profileID)
WHERE
        WLPpublisher.addressID = WLPaddress.addressID AND
        WLPbib2profile.bibID = WLPbib.bibID

I'm making progress on this app.  Thanks to the assistance of a lot of good folks.

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting, http://openconcept.ca
Offering everything your organization needs for an effective web site.