On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Tonix (Antonio Nati)
<to...@interazioni.it> wrote:
> Il 12/09/2012 16:08, Tommy Pham ha scritto:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Tonix (Antonio Nati)
>> <to...@interazioni.it> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way to force a PHP script to bind to a prefixed IP?
>>>
>>> Actually, while you can assign more IPs to Apache for listening,
>>> assigning
>>> domains to specific IPs, it looks like any PHP script can freely choose
>>> which IP to bind. Instead I'd love some domains are permitted to open
>>> connections only from the domain IP.
>>>
>>> In FreeBSD I do it easily, setting up dedicated jails for domains. But
>>> how
>>> to do it simply using PHP on Linux?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tonino
>>>
>>>   ------------------------------------------------------------
>>>          Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
>>>     http://www.interazioni.it      to...@interazioni.it
>>>
>> 1) Use Listen in Apache
>> 2) Use VM such as KVM, VMWare, etc.
>> 3) Make an array containing permissible domains.  Check the
>> $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] if exists in that array.  React/respond
>> accordingly.
>>

> 1) is only for listening.
> 2) means a VPS for each domain, which we already do with vmware and FreeBSD
> jails, but it is too expensive for some customers.
> 3) means I'm writing the script, which is not the standard situation.
>
> You must suppose the script to be written from a malicious user in a shared
> environment.
>
> Is PHP able to 'force' binding IP? I hoped there was an external directive I
> did not see, but probably this is a PHP lack.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tonino

>         Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
>    http://www.interazioni.it      to...@interazioni.it

2) Previously you've mentioned that you were able to do that in
FreeBSD jails.  IIRC, the jails are similar to VMs in regards to
isolating of environment and dedicated IP for that environment.  It
seems that you want something that is equivalent of jails and VM but
not actual VM/jails.  Are you referring to 1 application with one
installed point but is used in multiple virtual domains and expect the
application to act/respond accordingly to the requests for each
virtual domain?