I think you're making a little bit of a meal of this. My initial thoughts
included pointing you at array_key_exists() (and, why on earth
have you got $ocTest[2] in quotes?), but then I realised if I were
writing this I'd probably just use isset(), thus:

   $ocTest = explode(".", $ip);
   if (isset($groupMappings[$ocTest[2]])):
      // success
   else:
      // fail
   endif;

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Mike

--
Mike Ford, Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Information
Portland PD507, City Campus, Leeds Metropolitan University,

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm