On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Paul M Foster <pa...@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
> Is it just me, or is the search feature on php.net broken?
>
> When I enter a full search term (known good function name) and then hit
> the arrow, it brings me back to the generic search page. If I enter a
> partial search term and then click on one of the suggested
> "completions", it usually (not always) does the same thing. Etc.

    It's probably a legitimate issue.  I made some changes last week
to the DNS and fundamental server functionality to speed things up.
We're now using a service named myracloud[1] to help with traffic and
server load for the primary web box (the main php.net / www.php.net
system), as well as static.php.net, which handles graphics and other
media.  Unfortunately, as with any major changes, there are a few
hiccups here and there for some users.  Primarily, these are in the
form of HTTP 301's; when the server issues a redirect order, sometimes
the data isn't being sent along with it.  We're working to resolve the
issues; I just made one moderately-sized commit to hopefully repair a
lot of the issues, and will be making at least one more shortly.

    If you or anyone else reading this continue to experience issues,
please submit them as bugs at https://bugs.php.net/ and zip me a quick
email to bring it to my attention.

        ^1: https://myracloud.com/en/?_locale=en

--