On 3/31/2013 12:53 AM, John Taylor-Johnston wrote:
I'm using

if($mydata->DPRresponselocationaddress1 != "")

is this the same as

if (!isset($mydata->DPRresponselocationaddress))
http://php.net/manual/en/function.isset.php

or

if (!empty($mydata->DPRresponselocationaddress))
http://php.net/manual/en/function.empty.php

or is there another function I have not learned yet? I don't really get
the difference between isset and empty.

John
The simple answer is that isset is supposed to tell you if a var has been created; a test for "" is looking for a value of a var. While sometimes the results can be the same (and therefore confusing) that is what the two provide. How you use them is dependent on your understanding of PHP and the task before you.