On Jun 16, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Stephen <stephe...@rogers.com> wrote:

> Here is a sample from my code:
>
> $photo_category_list = "";
>    $SQL = "SELECT category_id, category_name FROM gallery_category ORDER by
> category_order";
>    try {
>        $stmt = $dbh->prepare($SQL);
>        $stmt->execute();
>        while ( list( $id, $name) = $stmt->fetch(PDO::FETCH_NUM)) {
>            $photo_category_list .= "<option value=$id>$name</option>\n";
>       }
>    }
>    catch (PDOException $e){
>        echo 'Error getting category name. ' . $e->getMessage();
>    }
>    return $photo_category_list;
>
> Try to avoid your code assuming that you will just get one record back
> (unless you use Limit 1)

Thanks Stephen,

Nice code!

you mentioned ... - to avoid your code assuming that you will just get one
record back

But what about the case where you are deliberately just showing one record as
in ---- FIND ONE PERSON like---- where ID = 101 ?

do you still need to loop through when you just selected/displayed 1 ITEM?

Q: How do I display the columns without a loop in this 1 record case...?

these fail - so what will work?

echo $results["First"];
echo $results["First"][0]; ???
echo $results["First"][1]; ???