Hi gang:

I have a client who has an account with GoDaddy (I know).

GoDaddy says they have PHP v 5.3 installed on the client's account, but
phpinfo() says different, namely it reports 5.2.17.

After calling GoDaddy, they said the client has an htaccess file that makes
everything 5.2 instead of 5.3.

Now, I'm not an expert on these things and the reason why I am asking here, but
here are the two htaccess files I find at root level:

1. Named: .htaccess.bak_hosting_company_Apache24_compatibility_fix

Options +ExecCGI
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html
AddHandler x-httpd-php5-cgi .php .htm .html
# AddHandler php5-script .php .html
# AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php .html
ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
ErrorDocument 403 /403.html

AND

2. Named: .htacess

# The below FilesMatch stanza was added by your
#  hosting provider on 2013-06-27 11:05:33
#  to resolve a potential Apache 2.4
#  compatibility issue with your custom AddHandler(s)
#  for PHP.  If you feel this was in error, please
#  contact support and we will work to resolve the
#  issue.  Thanks!
<FilesMatch "\.(htm|html)$">
  Options +ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>

Options +ExecCGI
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html
AddHandler x-httpd-php5-cgi .php .htm .html

Does anyone see a problem here?

OR -- a way to get PHP to version 5.3?

Cheers,

tedd