> On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Ashley Sheridan <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk>
> wrote:

>> >logged out i delete the row? So if user close the browser without
>> >logout how can i find user is online or not?

>> >check

>> >timestamp each time a user loads a page. When you want to display the
>> >online users, check where the timestamp is between now and a few
>> >minutes ago. Note that without javascript (or flash/java/etc) there is
>> >no way to truly know if the user left or not. The session will stay
>> >active for a long time, depending on your php.ini settings.

>> >to continually poll the server, you can't know if they've just closed
>> >their browser. There are Javascript events for exiting a page, but they
>> >don't work correctly on Safari and iOS Safari.

>> >instruct PHP to use the DB for its own sessions, rather than files.

>> >you just need a way to determine how many unique visitors are on the
>> >site at any one time?

>> >I need to inspect each visitor to show how online or who offline for
>> >chat
>> >Like facebook chat
>> >>

>> Ah, so you don't need to see the details of the sessions then. Facebook does
>> this (badly) by using javascript on the client side which triggers an update
>> of a timestamp on the server, which then allows you to determine who is
>> online (or was within a given time limit)
>> Thanks,
>> Ash
>
> Maybe it's bad, but there's no good alternative, except sending ping requests
> to your server every second or so, but any site as large as Facebook will
> DDOS itself when using things like that ;)
>
> - Matijn

So best way is use a script(javascript) to send ajax to server every 5 second
to check users is logged in or not? Is that okey?
I want to write chat module like facebook and i need a solution to find online
users and way to send messages when users chat together, does any one write
similar module like that?