I missed the first part of this, but I'm assuming it's for a message board
of some sort?  Why not implement a "big brother" system where other
posters can indicate that the post contains inappropriate content.  If
enough people do this, then just kill the post, and record the author.  If
enough of an author's posts get killed, then ban the author.

That would be a lot more useful, a lot more fun to do, and you'd get more
$$ from your clients :)