Could somebody point me to a good primer--and I mean PRIMER--that explains
how templates work in php. I'm thinking--not too clearly, I admit--about
apps like Smarty and PhpLib and Pear, which I've heard so much about.

I would like to know how to use templates--particularly to separate
structure from content.

I am a true newbie, picking up a little programming in the course of
learning php. And loving it! Well-commented examples are always very helpful
too--perhaps most helpful of all.

Thanks beforehand for any help.

Best,

Daniel