From: Moriyoshi Koizumi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: July 26, 2001 10:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] how do you write queries in php codes? (was Re: [PHP] Why
doesn't this simple query work?)

yes,
both of yours make the same result too, and are clean :-)

and i wonder what the best way is, to put queries into php code...

there's a more complicated sample,

$a=addslashes($a);
$b=addslashes($b);
$c=addslashes($c);
if( $another_table ) { $another_table=','.$another_table; }
$query = "select abc,def,ghi
                  from table1,table2 $another_table
                  where abc='$a' and def='$b' and ghi='$c' ";

and i prefer because i often confuse php variables with columns

if( $another_table ) { $another_table=','.$another_table; }
$query = sprintf(
        'select abc,def,ghi
         from table1,table2 %s
         where abc="%s" and def="%s" and ghi="%s"',

         $another_table,
         addslashes($a), addslashes($b), addslashes($c)
);

but i think the latter loses some good php features...

then, does anyone have good idea?