Hi,

One fairly straightfoward way is to use an ODBC driver.  You will want to
compile PHP --with-iodbc as per the HOWTO on www.iodbc.org, and then install
your ODBC driver of choice.  OpenLink supports the Solaris-to-SQLServer
architecture with our Multi-Tier drivers, which are available for a free
download and come with a non-expiring 2-user license.

Free support is also available at
http://www.openlinksw.com/support/suppindx.htm should you run into problems.

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers