Hi I'm trying to create a script which my cron will run once a day to backup
my MySQL database, but the exec command doesn't want to work no matter what I
try...

exec("mysqldump -h localhost -u user -p pass --opt DataBase >
BACKUPS/backup.mysql") or die("Problem");

I have tried adding the full path to mysqldump, I have tried using my root
access, I have tried using a different dir to store the files, changed
permissions all sorts and nothing works. It always returns "Problem" and if I
take out the or die then it just returns a blank screen. I also tried system
() and that gave the same results.

Anyone have any other ideas???

TIA