ive used a very similar function and found that javascript like single
queted strings passed into it.

i.e. java_function('link/to/file')

just noticed in the original post that double quotes were used

Steve

"Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> have used the following on occasion,
>
> <script language="Javascript">
> function Popup(page) {
> OpenWin = this.open(page, "PopupWindow",

'toolbar=1,location=1,directories=1,status=1,menubar=1,scrollbars=1,resizabl
e=1,

href="javascript:Popup('http://mydomain.url/file.php?var=value')">link</a>