On Fri,  3 Aug 2001 10:16, Craig Westerman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just discovered PHP this week. I'm reading about include statements.
> If I have a text file 2000 characters in length that I want to include,
> I would do this to include to whole file:
>
> <?php
> include ("file.txt");
> ?>
>
> What would I do if I only wanted to include the first 250 characters
> and spaces of the file "text.txt?
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig ><>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OPen the file and read in the required number of characters (short
explanation). Have a look at the file handling functions.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Matrimony isn't a word, it's a sentence.