"Peter Dowie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001201c11d08$1b3fe280$021ea8c0@petexp">news:001201c11d08$1b3fe280$021ea8c0@petexp...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using sessions and everytime my script is called, I want to add
all
> elements of $HTTP_POST_VARS to my $HTTP_SESSION_VARS
> so that I can access them throughout the session.
> I cant seem to get this working. This is what I have:

Why you don't use HTTP_SESSION_VARS???
You don't need to use ression_register/unregister() with
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS.

Do

foreach($HTTP_POST_VARS as $k => $v) {
  $HTTP_SESSIN_VARS[$k] = $v;
}
OR
$HTTP_SESSION_VARS = array_merge($HTTP_SESSION_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS);

Important: This kind of code is VERY dangarous unless you check all
$HTTP_POST_VARS and you are sure safe to do that.

> Also what is register_globals ?? Should I have this on or off ?

off. unless you must use app assumes its on, and cannot fix it.

Much easier to write secure code with register_globals=off. (And a
little bit faster)

Regards
--
Yasuo Ohgaki