I've been doing some research to assess the feasibility of using PHP and
XML for a web-based database-driven application. From what I've read, it
seems that presently the costs of using XML outweigh the benefits.
Here are the costs I see:
1. XML standards are still maturing
2. XSLT is complex and difficult to understand
3. Their is minimal support for XML in relational databases, and none for MySQL
4. PHP's XML tools are still in their infancy
5. The processing time to go from SQL to XML to HTML via XSLT is often high.
1. Greater abstraction between data, logic and presentation which can be
easier to design, develop and maintain.
PHP General Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]