Much of this has already been posted, but it really needs top-level exposure.

Programmers all over the world have already recognized that PHP is a superior
language, and open-source is not the root of all evil (as M$ would have us
believe). However, many (most?) execs do not listen to reason, but rather
only to TV and glossy ads. Therefore, I propose we fight fire with fire!

Lets band together and form a web site not altogether unlike LinuxFund.org.
However, instead of development of new technology, our site could focus on
the spread of PHP, or perhaps open source technology. Get our own credit
card, ask for donations, be those donations money or time.

We could use this money to fund ad-campaigns. Ad-campaigns targeted not at
programmers who already know the merit of PHP (and open-source in general),
but rather the "Big Corporate Executive" who has the power to make or break
PHP. The ads could go in magazines like Forbes, Fortune, etc. instead of Open
Magazine.

If you are interested in this, either helping make the site, providing
expertise in other areas (such as marketing), or would just be willing to
make a donation, please visit the web site I have set up at
http://www.coeus-group.com/AdCamp.php . Just sign if you're interested, it's
not binding you to anything!

I believe that we can really get some support for this. We might be able to
get some big companies to help out (IBM, Sun, Zend, VA Linux, Netscape...),
get a credit card like linuxfund, even set up a store! It's going to be lots
of work, but I think it can be done!