I am writing code to read in a template and parse it's values.

One of the values is an Include tag of the following form:-

<!-- INCLUDE : /relative/path/to/file.txt -->

I want this to be replaced with the content of /relative/path/to/file.txt

This tag will appear in multiple places in the template with different
values for the the file to open.

Can anyone you help?  I can't figure out how to do it