> I am new to PHP and am confused on HTTP authentications. I have read that
> section in the manual and still have questions. Where does PHP look to see
> if the user is valid or if the passward matches the user.

You can set it up to look where-ever you see fit.

Most users probably create a table in a MySQL database with login and
password columns.

I'm willing to bet there are more complete sample scripts in the code
archives on tutorials linked from:
http://php.net/links.php

> How do you use
> PHP to set up user registration so users can input their information for
> authentication. Can anyone point me in the right direction to read more on
> this and help clear my confusion.

You'll need to have at least one page where you *DON'T* use the
authentication code -- That page is where you let new users input their
information, and then you decide to add them or not.

Or, if you want to, you could design it so that *YOU* add each user manually
in an "admin" page.  You can add a column to the database with
login/password that also has "admin" as a column, and only you (and/or
whomever) have that column set to "TRUE".  Then, you can require slightly
different authentication code on the admin pages to reject non-admin users.

It really all depends on how you want it to work, more than anything else...

--
WARNING [EMAIL PROTECTED] address is an endangered species -- Use
[EMAIL PROTECTED]