> I've been playing around a little with php/mysql/apache on my NT box but I
> have just set up one of my Macs as a LinuxPPC machine. I have downloaded
> PHP-4.0.6 but now I want to install it to work with the apache server
> software already installed.
>
> I'm a complete newbie as far as linux is concerned so can someone give me
> simple step by step instructions on how to do this.
>
> I also need a little help getting started with MySQL. I have somehow
managed
> to set it up with my username and password (I think) but I don't know how
> get it stated. Any help there?

There's a much lower-volume mailing list specifically for Macintosh
Apache/MySQL/PHP called 'AMP' which is hosted at...
http://www.dynapolis.com???

Getting MySQL started just once to play with it is probably do-able by
opening up a shell, and doing:

cd XXX/mysql
./scripts/safe_mysqld &

You'll have to replace XXX with where-ever MySQL got installed.

Making it start automatically on boot on Mac OS X was a thread on the AMP
list whose outcome I forget, but there's a handy URL in the archives for
doing it.

Note:  I'm subscribed to the AMP list, but don't actually have OS X
installed anywhere...

--
WARNING [EMAIL PROTECTED] address is an endangered species -- Use
[EMAIL PROTECTED]