Tom Carter wrote:

> What would you say the advantages were?

Well just my opinion but I think that Postgresql development is
advancing quicker. With Red Hat joining in development and no infighting
bewteen Postgresql developers  things are looking good for the future.

> other than just the fact the the postgres implementation of sql is more
> powerful (sub-selects etc).

Foreign keys, triggers both make life a lot easier.
Also once your used to Postgresql, moving onto Sybase, Interbase etc
isn't near as hard as making the jump from MYsql.

> I'ld be very interested to see some performance comparisions if anyone has
> any

Dig around greatbridge.org and you might find some.