But how? Are there any examples that I can take a look at somewhere? I would
love to see some. I've always wondered about how the links work to trigger
the template creation. Are there any samples or tutorials of that online?
Usually all I see is how the templates are created, but nothing of how it is
linked together in a link management system...

> Does the link itself send any
> information someplace that tells the server what information is needed and
> how it has to be performed or placed?

By definition, this must be true.  (Short of some stupid JavaScript hack
that would really suck...)

You'll have to design your system such that everything you need to build a
page can be encompassed within that URL.

<< Hello everyone,

I have a simple question, and I hope I ask it correctly without any
confusion. I want to build my own template scheme without using any 3rd
party, ready-made freeware template codes. But I am confused about one
thing. I am building a content driven website. The templates (such as html
headers, footers, style sheets, etc) will be placed in text files and called
in as includes, but the content will be placed in a database. The thing I'm
confused about is the concept behind linking these articles together in a
main TOC (table of contents) page. When one clicks on a topic from a main
TOC page, how does the server know which article to pull from the database
and place into a particular template? Does the link itself send any
information someplace that tells the server what information is needed and
how it has to be performed or placed?

I hope this doesn't sound too confusing. If anyone needs me to clear it up a
bit more, please let me know and I'll try my best. For those of you who know
what I'm talking about, what is the concept behind templates, especially the
links to those templates? Thanks in advance... >>