Hello,

I'm trying to make some thumbnails from some JPEG true color images.
I have PHP version 4.0.4, and when i try
imagecreatefromjpeg($image)
on these images, it doesn't happen.

After hours of head-beating i've realised that the problem is truecolor
(it works if i open an image editor and save as a palette image then
try again...)

I'm not in a position to install 4.0.6, so please can anyone tell me how i
do this? I'm happy that my orignals should remain ture color - i just need
a way of making thumbs. (can't use imagemagick as runningnin safe mode
--> have no access to system calls)

thanks in advance,
jane